State and Local Government
By improving your approach to information governance, Laserfiche enables transparency and makes government organizations more efficient, more effective and better able to create innovative solutions for a variety of needs.
A successful information governance strategy accelerates decision-making, increases transparency and eliminates unnecessary compliance risks. It's a way to foster organizational agility, and it's most effective when there's a nimble technology backbone in place.
When government organizations adopt Laserfiche as part of their information governance strategy, they gain a way to balance enterprise control with departmental flexibility. Laserfiche provides a standard for managing content and streamlining business processes across the enterprise and brings benefits to departments as diverse as human services, building inspections, tax, courts and more.
By serving as the universal repository, Laserfiche grants users across the enterprise instant access to the information they need to complete their jobs quickly and efficiently. In addition, it reduces the resource utilization inherent with paper-based processes.
- Gain a single point of control over all information assets throughout their life cycles.
- Quickly and easily access, add and update information to Laserfiche file folders, regardless of format.
- Enable multiple staff members to access and work with the same file simultaneously.
- Remove the need for time-consuming manual filing by automatically indexing and filing incoming paperwork.
- Protect confidential files with granular, role-based security.
Increase Public Access to Information with Dynamic Web Portals
As the demand for government transparency grows, you need an efficient, cost-effective solution for making information available to citizens. Laserfiche offers an easy-to-navigate Web portal that makes documents available to the public-while still keeping your core Laserfiche repository secure.
- Provide an easy-to-navigate, easy-to-use public Web portal that supports standard Web browsers and can be viewed from a variety of mobile devices.
- Encourage document discovery for Web searchers-documents in your WebLink portal can be located from Web search engines the same way as other pages on the Internet.
- Deliver improved access to public records while conserving time and resources.
Automate Collaborative Business Processes
Rather than duplicating efforts in different areas of the business, Laserfiche can be used to execute repeatable processes in a consistent manner across the enterprise, optimizing resource efficiency, cost and service performance.
- Automate complex multi-departmental business processes including AP processing, case management, contract management and HR onboarding, among others.
- Retrieve information from databases and third-party applications to automate filing, indexing and processing.
- Trigger Workflow activities from third-party applications such as GIS, ERP and others.
- Ensure adoption and minimize training with Laserfiche's user-friendly, Windows-like interface.
Mitigate Risk with Records Management
A well-vetted records management policy is crucial to minimizing the risk of non-compliance with industry rules and regulations. A key component of the Laserfiche ECM suite, Laserfiche Records Management Edition (RME) is a DoD 5015.2-certified solution that reduces the cost of compliance by supporting the automatic enforcement of consistent, enterprise-wide records policies.
- Enforce consistent records policies, regardless of your records' format, location or content, and without additional staff training.
- Automate life cycle management for document creation to final disposition.
- Implement transparent records management, whereby records managers create a file plan and manage retention schedules without interfering with any department's line of business.
- Log all system activity, providing an audit trail that can be used to prove adherence to your records management plan and compliance with regulations.
- Ease e-discovery requests with enterprise search that enables users to instantly find the information required for litigation, decreasing costs and increasing efficiency.
© 2013 Shaffer Technologies, Inc.
AutoCAD® is a registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc.
Intuit® and QuickBooks® are trademarks and service marks of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft Dynamics GP® and Microsoft Great Plains® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.